Learn about AFUE and the Best Oil Heating System On The Market Today
Today, heating costs can be significantly reduced by employing the latest technology; such as the Energy Kinetics System 2000. Efficient technology can reduce costs by lowering your homes annual energy consumption for home heating and hot water.
When it comes to heating your home, the more efficient your furnace, the lower your heating costs will be. Fuel efficiency for oil heat is reflected in a rating known as the Annual-Fuel-Utilization-Efficiency, or AFUE rating. The issue with AFUE is that it only measures chimney related losses to come up with a rating. This is like only measuring a cars mileage rating for MPG based only on city driving.
AFUE assumes that a boiler runs like a furnace which cools between demand calls, doesn’t operate all summer or most of the spring or fall. It doesn’t take into account other factors like standby temperature for a tankless coil, or a draft regulator which pumps heated air into the chimney. It also doesn’t consider jacket losses for a basement unit. Over the course of a year, the actual efficiency for a boiler with a tankless coil is closer to 56% efficiency, not the 80% indicated by AFUE.
How The Energy Kinetics System Stacks Up
The Energy Kinetics System 2000 has efficiencies that are also not reflecting in the AFUE including:
• Low chimney loss – System 2000 uses a unique counterflow design that incorporates over ten feet of heat transfer passage to minimize chimney loss.
• Almost No Jacket Loss – the System 2000 is raised 18” above the cold floor and has 2-4” of insulation all around.
• Near Zero Idle Loss – Testing in a Department of Energy study conducted by Brookhaven National Labs found the System 2000 has the lowest idle loss of all systems tested.
• The System 2000 spiral boiler holds 2.5 gallons of water allowing it to heat-up six times faster than our competitors.
• Combined with Energy Kinetics high performance hot water system, the System 2000’s Hybrid Energy Recovery® captures the heat other boilers waste and virtually eliminates idle loss while providing for all of your heat and hot water needs.
• Zero draft regulator or draft hood loss – System 2000’s advanced design uses outside air for combustion and does not require draft regulation.
The fact is, System 2000 heating systems run close to peak efficiency for hot water and heating year round. Lab reports have shown that other boilers can use up to 73% more fuel than Energy Kinetics systems. Much more that would have been predicted by AFUE alone!Energy Kinetics’ High Efficiency Systems Lower Your Heating Bill
Energy Kinetics high efficiency gas and oil boilers are Energy Star Most Efficient rated. Their design achieved the best annual efficiency in the Department of Energy’s lab report in heat and hot water systems from around the world! Energy Kinetics combines the best technology, unique well insulated mass boilers , their high performance hot water system and Hybrid Energy Recovery® (thermal purge control. This minimizes loss, and delivers unsurpassed comfort and the lowest energy bills.
If you’d like to learn how to cut your heating bills 40% or more give Halle Oil a call and ask about the Energy Kinetics System 2000, Accel CS, and 90+ Resolute high efficiency gas and oil burners!